Nwekwo Frederick Ikechukwu who hails from Ugwuoba in Oji – River Local Government Area of Enugu State was born on 17th July, 1955. His early education was at the African One Primary School, Ajegunle – Apapa, Lagos from 1961 to 1966. From 1970 to 1971, he studied at St. Peter’s Primary School and later proceeded to the Igwebuke Secondary School Awka, Anambra State, where he acquired the West African School Certificate in 1977.
He enrolled for the Bachelor of Science (B.Sc) degree in Accountancy with the University of Nigeria, Nsukka, graduating with Second Class Lower Division in 1982. He is a holder of certifications obtained from the Association of National Accountants of Nigeria, the Chartered Institute of Taxation of Nigeria and the Executive Management Accountancy in 1991.
Nwekwo was employed by the Federal Ministry of Finance as accountant II in 1983. He was posted to the Federal Ministry of Transport in the same year and moved to the Office of Accountant General of the Federation in 1988, where he served until the year 2000.
He has served with the Ministry of Police Affairs from 2001 – 2008; the National Planning Commission from 2008 – 2009 and the Office of Accountant General of the Federation again from 2009 to 2012. Presently, Nwekwo is the Head of the Internal Audit Unit having been posted in 2012.
He is happily married with four children. His hobbies include Reading, listening to music and meeting people.
The Internal Audit Unit is to assist the management in achieving the overall mandate of the ministry, by ensuring that all financial transactions is carried out in accordance with Government laid down rules and regulation.
Vision & Objectives
To create an efficient and effective internal control system with a view to rendering satisfactory service, that is fraud free and all preparation and payment procedures are government rules and regulation‘s compliances,
- Management Auditing
- Value for Money Auditing
- Financial Auditing Reports are provided at the end of each month
- Pre-payment Auditing of Overhead vouchers within 24 hours of receipt of such vouchers
- Pre-payment Auditing of Salary vouchers within seven days of receipt of the vouchers from Accounts Division
- Pre-payment Auditing of Contact vouchers within 48 hours of receipts of such vouchers.
- Investigation of reported cases of fraud, embezzlement and loss of Government funds within 14 days of such report.
- Auditing of store, Purchases issues.
- Auditing of Ministry Parastatals account records.
- Complete and continuous Auditing of Accounts recording of revenue generation and payment to the ministry.
- The safeguards introduced for the prevention/prompt detection of fraud and loss of cash.
- Prompt assessment and monitoring of the implementation of policies.
- Assist the management in achieving the overall mandate of the ministry within the time frame.
- Rendering financial satisfactory service to our client.
- Prompt Pre-payment of auditing of payment vouchers within 48 hours.
- Correction of errors in Accounts books of the ministry.
- Prevention of fraud and any loss of Government funds.
- Advice the management of proper expenditure of Government funds.